April 29, 2013

Homemade Finger Paint

Who doesn't love getting their hands dirty?  I suppose some kids with sensory processing issues and another small percentage of "type A" kids don't, but for the most part the little ones love any chance to squish something with their hands.  


My kiddos love using finger paint.  I mean *LOVE*.  They start the activity putting the paint on the paper with their fingers or paint brushes, then it somehow the activity turns into "hand-washing with finger paint".  I'm okay with that.  A little mess doesn't bother this mom.

Homemade Finger Paint

flour
water
food coloring

There's really no recipe here.  Just mix together the ingredients until it's to a consistency of your liking.  I find that the lids of jars holds the paint really nicely.

I've also found that a heavy-duty canvas paper holds the thick paint a little better than regular paper, but we use both.  A pad of canvas paper can be bought at Michael's pretty inexpensively, especially if you use one of their weekly 40% off coupons.

Now go whip up some paint and get creative!



Photo: A Musing Mamma

No comments:

Post a Comment