April 5, 2013

Healthy Chocolate Pudding Using Avocado

This chocolate pudding is ah-may-zing!


My kids wanted a smoothie for breakfast this morning.  I typically put in frozen bananas but didn't have any, so I used room temp bananas.  I added the rest of my ingredients and it turned out like pudding!


Rich, silky, smooth, chocolate-y, healthy, delicious pudding.  My life is forever changed.  I might have to make this every day.  It's that good -- and good for you!  The banana and honey add sweetness, and the avocado lends a silky, smooth texture (I swear you won't be able to taste it).  The only change you might want to make is omitting the oatmeal.  I am the kind of person who actually like the seeds in raspberry jam, so I personally don't mind flecks of oatmeal texturing my pudding, but some people may want a smoother texture and may choose to leave it out.

Healthy Chocolate Pudding

1 C milk (cow, almond, soy, etc.)
1 banana
1/2 avocado
2-3 Tbs peanut butter
1-2 Tbs honey
1/4 C dry, uncooked oatmeal

Blend all ingredients using a regular blender or immersion blender (my favorite shown below).  I have also eaten this with a dollop of Greek yogurt on top, acting as the "whipped cream".  Some may wish to sweeten the yogurt with a bit of powdered sugar, but I enjoyed it without.



Photos: A Musing Mamma




No comments:

Post a Comment