April 12, 2013

Neely's BBQ Sauce + Slow Cooker Anything = Major Deliciousness!

The Neely's BBQ Sauce from The Food Network is my go-to barbecue sauce.  It is tangy, sweet, and has a bit of a kick.  It's quite simple, and the flavors all blend together really nicely.


Now, what I absolutely love about this sauce is that you can put any meat in the slow cooker, dump the sauce ingredients on top, in a couple of hours you have a delicious barbecue meal.  I've tried it with chicken, pork, and beef, and all turn out superb.  I omit the white sugar (and sometimes even cut down the brown) and it still works.  I will also omit the 1 cup of water if using in the slow cooker because the juices from the meat water it down enough for my taste.  To make sure we get our veggies, I will usually toss in a diced onion, 3 carrots (cut in to chunks), and sometimes a couple of halved potatoes.  So simple.  So healthy.  So delicious.

Ingredients:
2 cups ketchup
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
5 tablespoons light brown sugar
1/2 tablespoon fresh ground black pepper
1/2 tablespoon onion powder
1/2 tablespoon ground mustard
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce

Mix all ingredients in your slow cooker.  Put meat in slow cooker.  Cook for 5-7 hours.

Photo: A Musing Mamma

No comments:

Post a Comment