April 2, 2013

Mother's Day Spring Bouquet

I am so excited to share this adorable kiddie craft. I mean how absolutely cute is this?!  My nephew made one for my mom last year for Mother's Day and I knew I had to make one for the moms this year.  My kids had so much fun doing this and it turned out great.


Materials:
colored card stock 
green pipe cleaners
tape + scissors
vase
paint + brushes

Trace the kiddos' hands on the paper. The amount of tracings you need depends on how many "flowers" you want.  We used 6 (three per kid). We used colored card stock, but construction paper or even regular white paper that the kids have painted or colored would work too.  Don't mind the blue staining on my kids' actual hands... they just ate blueberries.


Cut out the hands. At this point the kiddies could also embellish the hands with glitter, paint, crayons, markers, etc.


Tape one pipe cleaner to the bottom of each hand.  If you don't have pipe cleaners, wooden grilling skewers will work too (you could leave them as is or paint them green if you want to make them look more like stems.)
*My little girl was so cute in this picture, she saw that I was taking a photo and wanted to have her hand in it too.)


Gently fold the outside of the hands inward toward the middle and tape closed.  I suppose you could use glue instead if you don't like having the tape show, but it wasn't a big deal to me.  Do this for all of your "flowers".

Paint the vase.



Ta-da!  A beautiful spring bouquet.  A perfect gift for a well-deserving mamma
for Mother's Day!


Photos: A Musing Mamma

No comments:

Post a Comment